We love Mexican inspired food in our house. Give me all the avocado, lime and cilantro! This enchilada bake is super simple to make – I have even been known to whip it up on a weeknight! Added bonus – you can use it for your #meatlessmonday meal, if that is something you try to incorporate into your lifestyle. If not, add a previously cooked protein. Adult tested, kid approved!
2 cups enchilada sauce (homemade or bottled)
12 corn or flour tortillas
15oz. can black beans, drained
1 tsp coconut oil
1 zucchini, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees
2. In a pan, over medium heat, add oil, zucchini, onion, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add black beans and sauté for another 2 minutes
3. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of a baking dish (9×13 works best!)
4. Add about 1/4 cup bean mixture into each tortilla. Roll and place into baking dish. Repeat.
5. Top enchiladas with 1-2 cups enchilada sauce. Top with cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes
7. Serve with ALL the avocado, guacamole, cilantro, sour cream your heart desires!
Author: Candace Tonner, M.A. Registered Psychologist (Provisional)